lördag 6 mars 2010

New photos





So these are my nails as of today (ish. two weeks ago.).


My index finger has significantly more healthy nail than it had some time ago, that has improved. My 4th finger looks really bad, but is unchanged really. My pointer finger developed an elevated ridge on the side that was rather sharp, but after filing it down to nothing, letting it grow out, and cleaning out excess keratin from underneath it, it is now less elevated. No healthy nail seems to be growing out though. Also on the other side of the nail fungus has been starting to grow inwards.

The thumb is horrible. A couple of times it has grown out to its full length in the middle, only being loose to the sides, but I just need to bump into something to loosen it from the finger again. It has also started to look worse on one side, fungus has grown back all the way to the cuticle on one side now (Ok, so it originates from the nail bed, but you get the picture). The part of the nail that is loose and yellow, it is now closer to the nail bed on one side.

On the bright side: six months ago my nails grew out very deformed with sharp ridges in them, almost parralel to the direction they grew, from the side it looked like hills and valleys. This is gone now and they are growing without change in a slightly "swollen" fashion, a little bit up and then down to the fingertip again.

My thumb of course is quite deformed but has been worse.

As of now I treat my toenails sporadically with sodium benzoate but my focus in on the fingernails. I have started yet again using vinegar on these. The smell is not that bad, on the toenails it is out of the question since your socks and shoes get a most horrible odour. I apply it 2-3 times a day using a big syringe, pure vinegar.


I shift back and forth but I believe it is useful as long as I do it every day, so that the fungus continually lives in an unfriendly environment. I want to go back on oral terbinafine and combine it with other treatments but I might go online instead of going back to my doctor, he blankly said it does not work on me and we should not do it if it doesn't work.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar