torsdag 12 augusti 2010

On with the show

Still going with the procedure, my ring finger is now 100 % and looks like it was never infected. When the infection is so bad that the nail is not attached to the nail bed it tends to become elevated and rise from the nail bed. I thought maybe it would stay mis-shaped even after being cured but it is really completely symmetrical. So bear that in mind, the naisl do remember how to grow normally!

On the other 3 fingers I noticed the fungus was getting hold once more at the tips, so I filed that away. It kinda sucks when you are so close to the end but there is no way but the hard way, take away the bad, or it will keep infecting the good. What is a few more weeks when you have had the problem for years? And although the lamisil gel (NOT the cream) is expensive it really last for a long time, 14 nails I have been able to treat for over a month with 1 tube which is about 25 USD.

My toenails I filed down completely once more as the treatment was not as successful there. I could not bring myself to take them away completely. It is damn hard work to file down all the way to the nail bed since you want to be careful not to hurt yourself, and it is a time-consuming procedure as it is. But they are thin, thin now, and I treat my right foot twice a day now with the Lamisil. On my loeft foot I use Amorolfine nail laquer, mostly because I still have half a bottle left and I should use it up since it cost a fortune. When it is all out I will evaluate which foot has had the most progress.


In my next post I will post before- and afterpictures of the filing process and some pointers on how to go about it.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar